Dodoitsu (都々逸) is a type of poem mentioned a few times in Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu. It is normally comical, so it could be considered the poem counterpart to rakugo.
Characteristics of dodoitsu
- They have a 4 line structure and go 7-7-7-5.
- They normally are about love or work.
Mentions of dodoitsu
- Shin-san thinks that Bon knows dodoitsu, and asks him to say one, but Bon doesn't. (ep 2)
- Sukeroku mentions a dodoitsu in a rakugo play in ep 6.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodoitsu
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.