|| A geisha and an actor aren't all that different.
— Miyokichi, episode 5
Kouta (小唄) is a music style often used by geisha. Miyokichi knows how to sing in this style, and always wanted to play it in a theatre.
Characteristics of kouta
- The shamisen (a stringed instrument much like a guitar) is used, and the geisha sings.
- It normally accompanies rakugo.
- Are the Plums in Bloom? - a song that Kikuhiko played as a replacement for a young instumentalist, Ochiyo.
- Itako - a song played for Kikuhiko's stage entrance after Yakumo the 7th's death
- ↑ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kouta
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.